JIRA & Bitbucket POST Hook sync

BlackKiteTechnology March 16, 2014

I have a Jira installation hosted on our company server. I want Jira to automatically update issues when a user commits to one of our Bitbucket repositories. I gather this should happen automatically if I have the DVCS connector plugin installed.

However, despite the documentation saying that the Bitbucket Service will be installed automatically, that doesn't appear to have happened. What is the format of the URL for the Bitbucket Service that will call the sync function on the Jira service please?

At the moment, the only time Jira updates is every 60 mins and I don't think simply changing this to poll more frequently is a sensible solution.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2014

John, if you uncheck then recheck that repo under the "DVCS Accounts" link in Add-ons, it should re-establish the link for you. Just be sure the account has been linked with an account with permissions to do this, or auto-configured from OnDemand.

If that doesn't work, come over to JIRA or OnDemand support and we can give you a hand.

BlackKiteTechnology March 17, 2014
Hi Marcus, I'll give that a go shortly. However, please note that I don't use JIRA On Demand, we use the downloaded self-hosted version on our company server. There is nothing set up under Bitbucket Services at the moment. Many thanks, John
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2014

The self-hosted version should work exactly the same. The only trick is that you'll need to ensure that you've configured it properly. Also, ensure that you are running the latest version, if possible.

0 votes

Relinking it fixed the problem. The act of relinking caused two Hooks to be added in Bitbucket that were not there before (POST and Pull Request POST). There's no mention of the format of either of the 2 hooks in any of your documentation that I could find when reading about the DVCS Connector. I was trying combinations of these 2 Hooks, but I couldn't guess the repo_slug correctly so the Hooks weren't right. Possibly you could consider adding a brief paragraph to the docs?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

You really should accept Marcus's answer as an answer (you can select multiple answers here, unlike StackOverflow).

Agreed, done!

Suggest an answer