JIRA Bamboo Plugin Error

JIRA Bamboo Plugin The plugin allows not enabled, the plugin previously functioned normally and there was no update from him and neither of JIRA.

We try to activate the same plugin in Bamboo and we had the same problem.

The error: The plugin has been installed but cannot be enabled. Please refer to the logs for more information.

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi Daniel,

The JIRA Bamboo plugin is actually not a Bamboo plugin but a plugin that should be present in JIRA only. The plugin is shipped in to JIRA by default. You can therefore remove this plugin from Bamboo altogether. In other to that, try the following:

1. Shutdown Bamboo
  2. Remove the plugin jar from the <tt>$BAMBOO_HOME/plugins</tt> directory
  3. Restart Bamboo

This should fix the issue and Bamboo should be working seamlessly with JIRA.

Regards,
Sultan

Hi Daniel,

May I know the version of your JIRA and Bamboo server? Also let us know the version of the JDK in both servers

JIRA version v5.1.7#786-sha1:c37bed1

Bamboo version 3.2.2 build 2602

JDK version 6 update 27

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jun 26, 2013

And what does the log say?

Log

<th>Log Message</th><th>By</th><th>Date</th>
Failed to enable plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo) Daniel Farias 27/6/2013 14:32:55
Failed to enable plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo) Daniel Farias 27/6/2013 14:03:24
Installed plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo version 6.1.7) Daniel Farias 27/6/2013 13:32:02
Failed to enable plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo) Daniel Farias 27/6/2013 13:30:30
Installed plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo version 6.1.7) Daniel Farias 27/6/2013 13:29:44
Failed to enable plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo) Daniel Farias 20/6/2013 19:07:20
Installed plugin JIRA Bamboo Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo version 6.1.7) Daniel Farias 20/6/2013 19:05:18

Sultan,

Performed the procedure and even then the tab associated with the Release version does not appear.

I tried again to install the plugin on a new version and still did not work, the error persists both in JIRA as the Bamboo.

JIRA version v5.1.7#786-sha1:c37bed1

Bamboo version 3.2.2 build 2602

JDK version 6 update 27

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

578 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you