JIRA Backup Service

Ops June 2, 2015

Hi all

Since the upgrade to JIRA 6.4, I have enabled the JIRA backup service. The file exported to the export directory is much much smaller than I was expecting. I know this does not include attachments, but does this include everything else I need to get my instance up and running in a disaster?

All it contains is activeobjects.xml and entities.xml

Matthew

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2015

Hi, Matthew.

Yes, the JIRA backup is a zip file containing these two files. It is basically an export of the database to these two XML files, that can be imported using JIRA.

As you noticed and Arthur also mentioned, it won't include actual configuration files or attachments, so please do backup the JIRA Home folder as well as any specific files you have modified in the JIRA Installation folder (for example, server.xml or web.xml). smile

Cheers,
Matheus 

1 vote
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2015

Hey Matthew,

As stated here:

-- Arthur Gonçalves

0 votes
Ops June 2, 2015

Thanks both - I think I will run this backup 5 days a week, and then backup the home and installation directory on a weekly basis.

Thanks again

Matthew

Suggest an answer