JIRA Backup Error

AnatoliyG July 1, 2017

Hello,

Trying to migrate on new Jira instance.

• v6.4.12#64027-sha1:e3691cc)
  • Oracle DB

When I perfom backup from JIRA (from Backup System)

I always get the error:

An exception occurred backing up: org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Error creating GenericValue (SQL Exception while getting value: (Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor))

Found the same error here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/invalid-column-type-getblob-not-implemented-for-class-oracle-jdbc-driver-t4clongrawaccessor-during-backup-process-854131615.html

Made this:

desc propertydata
Name          Null     Type       
------------- -------- ---------- 
ID            NOT NULL NUMBER(18) 
PROPERTYVALUE          BLOB       

But this doesn't help, still get the error. 

I've also tried Integrity Checker, all fine.

Cant find another way to migrate.

Any ideas? 

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while getting value:  (Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SqlJdbcUtil.getValue(SqlJdbcUtil.java:728)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.EntityListIterator.currentGenericValue(EntityListIterator.java:169)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.EntityListIterator.next(EntityListIterator.java:246)
	... 199 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type: getBLOB not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CLongRawAccessor
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.Accessor.getBLOB(Accessor.java:1270)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getBLOB(OracleResultSetImpl.java:1623)
	at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getBlob(OracleResultSetImpl.java:585)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBlob(DelegatingResultSet.java:550)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getBlob(DelegatingResultSet.java:550)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SqlJdbcUtil.getValue(SqlJdbcUtil.java:647)
	... 201 more

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Hi Artem,

I believe you may be running into the bug reported JRASERVER-47267.  Please see the ticket and the steps to resolution:

1. Identify the latest XML backup from the $JIRA_HOME/export directory
  2. Create a new user as per the Connecting JIRA to Oracle guide
  3. Install a new JIRA 7.0.0 instance and connect it to the new Oracle user
  4. Import the XML backup

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer