JIRA Backup Error

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

HI Guys,

I'm trying to solve this KB JIRA Backup error  

Any suggestion how to find which plugin uses BLOB data type, We are using MSSQL server 2012.

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Ashish,

Took a look at the logs and it identifies the failed plugins.  I have copied that and am pasting it here:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
___ FAILED PLUGIN REPORT _____________________

2 plugins failed to load during JIRA startup.

'com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin' - 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Development Integration Plugin' failed to load.
Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin
Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin [86]: Unable to resolve 86.0: missing requirement [86.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service)

It was loaded from C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\jira-development-integration-plugin-4.0.6.jar

'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application' - 'JIRA Software Application' failed to load.
Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application
Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.software-application [73]: Unable to resolve 73.0: missing requirement [73.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.triggers.obr.install)

It was loaded from C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\jira-software-application-7.2.1.jar

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Removing the plugins should get you up and runnning again.  I would also delete the log after you get this resolved.  

Best of Luck.
Brant

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2017

Thank you for reply brant,

Still i see the same issue , here is the log(this is not complete log file) , i dont see any failed plugins  in the log.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2017

Thank you Brant i got a workaround

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Ashish,

In the logs as JIRA starts up you will be able to see each add-on as it loads.  You should be able to see which add-on is failing there.  Then follow the steps in the KB article to remove it from loading and your JIRA instance should start.

Brant

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2017

Thank you for reply Brant, Here is the error logbkperror.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2017

I'm afraid that's only a tiny fraction of your log and it's not the part that is failing.  As Brant says, you'll need to look through all the add-on starting parts to work out whihc one is faiing.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2017

Thanks for your reply nic, I'm following this KB ClassNotFoundException to resolve this issue still no luck. Here is my log fileLog file

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2017

I'm sorry, I don't have time to plough through thousands of irrelevant error messages.  We need to see the log for what is going wrong, not spend hours looking at unrelated config failures (you should fix that as well really)

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2017

I'm sorry nic for uploading  complete log file this the error im seeing while running the export

ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [] threw exception [Servlet execution threw an exception] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter not found by com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin [17]

this kb ClassNotFoundException suggests to delete the plugin from installed plugins folder, plugin what i'm seeing here is an system installed plugin which we cannot delete it.

Suggest an answer