[JIRA] Automate the status of my subtasks

alexandre barin February 14, 2018

Hello all :)

I've been searching for automation for a long time without finding the solution.

I'm working on non-aggression tests, I'm given a user stories about Jira that gathers all the tests to be performed. 

I create a subtasksto be able to follow my work. 

What I'm trying to do : That my sub-task is successful (green color) when all tests associated with the main task are in "PASS" status.

The main task once the tests are performed :

pass.PNG

My sub-task in the board : 

subtask.PNG

Do you know how to create this type of automation ?

This status automation will allow me to see if a test has been modified, I will save a lot of time.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

JIRA v7.4.2
Portfolio for Jira v2.7.0
JIRA Service Desk Application v3.6.2
JIRA Agile v7.4.0

1 answer

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2018

Hi Alexandre,

I can see that you tagged Xray in this question, so maybe we can help you.

In order for us to be able to assist you and try to address what you're aiming for, can you please provide us a full screenshot of your user story and clarify a couple of points?

• What do you mean with sub-task? What issue type are you referring to? Can you send us a screenshot of it?
  • What you mean with "my sub-task in the board", since the screenshot seems not to be neither a Jira dashboard nor an Agile board

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

alexandre barin March 6, 2018

Thank you very much for your answer, I managed to solve my problem by using a "sub Test Execution" instead of a normal "Sub-task".

Thank you :) :) :) :)

Suggest an answer