JIRA Application links status monitoring

Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

We have configured JIRA to connect to Confluence and BitBucket.

Is there any way to monitor that connection in order to not miss out any failures... 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

I am afraid there is no built-in monitoring in JIRA for application link failures. You might be able to use a monitoring tool like Splunk to notify you on any application link failures from the JIRA logs but it requires some setup.

Not sure if there is an easier option or not but application link failures are rare once correctly set up. You might want to verify them after each upgrades, or other changes in server, network etc but that should be fairly easy.

Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2017

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for your quick answer :-)

The reason I asked this question is because I couldn't find any built-in was of monitoring myself.

I actually also thought that this isn't supposed to be something that's worth monitoring, but we've experienced a failure in JIRA<->Bitbucket integration after the IP of Bitbucket server was changed, although the integration was configured using FQDN of the server that stayed the same. Now, because IP configuration of the servers is DHCP this might happen again, that's why I wanted to be notified if something fails.

I also didn't notice anything in the logs, maybe there was one error message when it happened but it didn't show again. 

Could you advise about what should I expect to see in the logs when this happens?..

Thanks,
Tanya.

Suggest an answer