JIRA Application Links to Confluence doesn't work

Loredana April 14, 2014

Hi all,

We are having JIRA v6.2.2 and Confluence 5.4.4, both on https.

When I try to link the two, from JIRA, with an Admin User, I get this Problem:

"Application 'Confluence' seems to be offline. Click here to Relocate."

When I click Relocate I get:

"This resource requires WebSudo."

I don't know what this WebSudo is or what we need to do to make it work, but we do get the logon screen a 1000 times when we go to the administration panel.

Please help if you know what's needed here, in order to link JIRA with Confluence.

Many thanks!

Loredana

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

When you set up links over SSL you need to do some more work - have you checked this :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+Trusted+Communication+between+JIRA+and+Confluence

Loredana April 15, 2014

Hi Boris,

Thank you, we managed to link the two, the problem was that our certificate was expired. But the Problem with WebSudo and the logon request that comes each time we try to do something as admins, is still an issue.

Best regards,

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Try running a re-index of JIRA to see if this will solve the problem. Also check the jira logs for errors/messages containing websudo and paste them here - it might help to get down the the actual problem.

Loredana April 15, 2014

Hi Boris,

In the logs there are no errors, but I found this:

jira.websudo.is.disabled : false
jira.websudo.timeout : 10

Maybe we have to increase the timeout..? We'll try. Thx a lot!

0 votes
John Miller January 7, 2015

We are also experiencing this now... is there any more information to try? I keep getting the login prompt and am completely unable to link the two applications.

Edit for those still experience this issue, here's how I fixed my particular manifestation of this problem:
We run JIRA and Confluence on the same server, using different (default) ports. That's fine, but apparently there are some session cookie problems in this environment if you don't set unique session IDs. The fix is simple: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+is+Constantly+Logged+out+of+JIRA

Once this is complete and Confluence has been restarted, delete your links (on both ends if needed) and re-create them from JIRA -> Confluence (I have had problems in the past going from Confluence -> JIRA so I stick with JIRA -> Confluence, not sure if still needed honestly).

This should take care of the constant logouts and WebSudo issue, at least it did for me.

Suggest an answer