JIRA Agile story point not showing on plan view

Keswick Tsang January 14, 2015

In the Agile Plan mode, the story points are not showing.

We closed the previous Sprint and we start sprint planning, but do not see any story points showing on the Plan mode board.

I am using two JIRA for two different offices, and I can verify the other one with active Sprint still show all the story points and sum.  I am really not sure what difference we have done except we closed the sprint as usual and do planning.

can you help me to get the story point back on the Plan mode?

3 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

I would double first check that each of the issues does have a valid estimate in their individual issue views. Then I would check the board configuration to ensure that it matches what is outlined at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+configure+the+Story+Points+field+to+be+displayed+in+my+Scrum+board If the config is correct, I would try to perform a locked re-index of JIRA to make sure that there hasn't been any issue with the index. If it still does not work I would file a support ticket at: https://support.atlassian.com/ and make sure to include a link back to this question so that the support engineer can see the steps I have already suggested.

We have been using it all the same across 10+ project. this just happened this morning all of a sudden *after* we closed a previous sprint. there are story points entered in many, thought not all, issues. we have not changed any board or project config in the last many days. all are the same across multiple projects too. we are using the cloud - hosted version. how do we initial a locked/re-index?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015
Keswick Tsang January 15, 2015

after re-indexing, our jira admin found out what the real problem is - a project admin was testing a new custom field and accidentally affect some other projects. lessons learned. things are now fixed. thank you!

0 votes

the first screen shot is the new sprint showing the problem.

the second screen shot is the other instance showing what we have been seeing and expected.

story points not showing.jpg

story points is showing.jpg

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2015

Could you please show us a screenshot? Please blur out the names and contents of the issues. Leave the issue type in place, and any relevant portions.

Suggest an answer