JIRA Agile no longer asking for time spent upon resolution/completion

Matt Donatelli February 11, 2014

------------------------

SOLVED

-----------------------

I was using JIRA Agile's "Work" board, and I loved how it auto-assigned a task to me when I moved an issue into "In Progress". I also loved how it asked for a time spent update for the issue when I moved it to "resolved" or "closed".

Then I went into the board configuration window / columns and did "Simplify"

Whoops!

Now these wonderful features no longer happen! Someone please help!

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

Ah, simplified workflows do not have much in the way of functions, and you're not supposed to add them.

You need to reconfigure the project - swap it back to the workflow scheme you were using before (clicking simplify doesn't change the old workflow scheme or workflows, it just changes the current project to use a different flow - one that doesn't have the screens for logging work etc)

Matt Donatelli February 12, 2014

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I went into project settings -> workflow and associated it back to "default". Works like a charm. THANKS!

0 votes
Matt Donatelli February 11, 2014

Is there any way to quickly revert to the default settings for the board?

David G February 11, 2014

The Simplify workflow button modifies the existing project's workflow. You can check to see if a backup was created by goint into your admin Workflows screen (shortcut: g+g type Workflows) and expanding Inactive. If your previous project workflow is there, you can re-enable it through the Project settings

However, if there is no backup, you will need to go in and add the appropriate post function for the auto-assign for the In Progress transition, and add a transition screen for the resolve transition.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

the auto-assign is a post-function, and you can read about how to create post-functions here. the request for time spent is a screen, and you can read about how to create screens here.

Suggest an answer