JIRA Agile gadget bug

Deleted user June 17, 2012

When we use the Agile gadget in JIRA it shows zero values. We are using a saved filter which returns issues but when we click on the "Show issue navigator" the query "AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY" is added which results to 0 issues. How can we fix this and use just the saved filter?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Its because this gadget adds a condition to the filter 'AND NOT fixVersion is EMPTY' if your fixversions are empty which it relies on it will show up empty.

Just make sure fixVersion is populated on these issues and it will work like Thomas says

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

When using the Rapid board for Scrum, you may not necissarily have a fix version for all of the issues in a sprint. I feel that the Agile Gadget should support this use case.

I am trying to use this gadget with a filter that says "Sprint = n" where n is the number of the current sprint I am in. It does not work correctly because I have tasks in the Sprint with no fix version.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2012

You're absolutely right, the Agile gadget does not properly support the Rapid Board at this stage. We intend on fixing that in the future.

Thanks,
Shaun

Edwin Stol July 25, 2012

Hi Shaun,

I know you guys don't really do ETA's, but still, are you able to tell roughly when an 'overhaul' for this Agile gadget will be created?

Nick Petrovits October 28, 2012

Is there an update on this? Now that the Rapid Boards are the recomended planning boards, this should be fixed. This is way more important than GIT support, which was also just forced upon all the ondemand users.

0 votes
Marcin Zukowski February 19, 2015

I'm hitting the same problem as Miroslav. It's really unfriendly to the user not to communicate that extra field anywhere. 

JIRA is a tool for developers, and I honestly am surprised how frequently I find such weird, unexplained limitations or hard-coded things in the system. 

0 votes
Jakob Rödström May 7, 2013

@GregorySudderth do you know if the GreenHopper Sprint Burndown Gadget supports subtasks or only main issues?

0 votes
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2013

Don't forget to try the new GreenHopper Sprint Burndown Gadget! Avoid anything with "classic" if you're not using fixVersion. This is part of the de-coupling of GH to classic JIRA releases.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2012

Hi Miroslav,

as far as I know, Burndown Charts are always based on a specific version. If your issues in the filter would have a fix version, there would be a drop down menu to select the version you want the chart for.

Best regards

Thomas

Is it possible to create the chart when all the issues returned from the filter have no Fix Version?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2012

No, Burndown Charts are based on a start-date and an end-date. If there is no version, there is no start-date and no end-date and so the burndown chart cannot be created.

ok, so I will tell the users to fill out the Fix Versions. Thanks Thomas.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2012

you're welcome :-)

John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2012

When using the Rapid board for Scrum, you may not necissarily have a fix version for all of the issues in a sprint. I feel that the Agile Gadget should support this use case.

I am trying to use this gadget with a filter that says "Sprint = n" where n is the number of the current sprint I am in. It does not work correctly because I have tasks in the Sprint with no fix version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events