JIRA Agile disabled yet the "Agile" tab remains (On-Demand)

Tucker Watson February 6, 2014

We did a brief trial run of GreenHopper but ended up disabling it. Now that it's disabled we still have the "Agile" link at the top of JIRA and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. This is an On-Demand instance.

5 answers

1 vote
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

What should be mentioned in addition is that - in the rare case you can click the Agile menu and disable it - it seems that the menu does not globally disappear, but only for this user. If another - admin (?) - user enters the page, it will appear for this user again.

Solution (only for server instances): There is a plugin called "JIRA Agile Marketing Plugin" (a system add-on!), and if you disable this one, the annoying Agile menu (that can't be clicked) disappears. I can see this plugin in my OnDemand instance - next to another one called "JIRA Advertisements Plugin" - too, but can't disable it. Really great, Atlassian!

0 votes
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

I am not too familiar with the On-Demand settings but are you able to re-index?

0 votes
Benjamin Spiss May 6, 2014

same problem here, very frustrating...should be such an easy thing to fix...

0 votes
Moritz Thomas April 8, 2014

Any news on this? I'm configuring JIRA for a customer and stumbled upon the same problem. The link is broken. Is there another way to hide that tab?

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2014

Hi Tucker,

When clicking on the Agile button, you'll receive a Try out JIRA Agile popup.

At the botom left in the popup you can disable that notification.Then the top menu Agile button will disapear.

Cheers!

Mauro

Tucker Watson February 6, 2014

Hey Mauro, unfortunately clicking on the Agile button seems to refresh the page. No popups are displayed.

The HTML shows it with a blank HREF attribute:

<a class="aui-nav-link" href="" id="gha-menu-item" title="Try out JIRA Agile">Agile</a>

Kind of frustrating to have a broken advertisement in an application we're paying for.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

That's bad Tucker :(

Maybe is a browser compatibility or a browser cache thing.

Have you tried any other browser or computer? I've tested in chrome and firefox with no issues.

Would you mind creating a support request at support.atlassian.comso we can investigate further on it? We can also remove it for you if you like.

Cheers :)

Mauro

David Lancea April 16, 2014

I'm having this same issue. Was a fix found for it? I just updated to v6.2.3 from 6.1 and cannot remove the Agile link.

Tucker Watson April 16, 2014

Nope, I gave up on fixing it.

David Lancea April 16, 2014

That's dissapointing. Thanks for the follow up, though

Suggest an answer