JIRA Agile License has expired; is it still needed with JIRA Software (6.4.10)?

The maintenance period for our "JIRA Agile" expired in March, 2016.

We renewed our "JIRA Software (Server) Commercial License" in March (there was no "JIRA Agile" in the quote, despite its expiring at the same time). This is now good until March, 2017.

I was under the impression that Agile is now bundled with "JIRA Software", and that a separate maintenance license would no longer be necessary. If this is the case, can I disable, even delete the plugin "JIRA Agile" (currently version 6.7.12) from the "Manage add-ons" page?

Or am I missing the point, and this is something completely separate, and the license must be renewed?
We are able to use all our Agile stuff seemingly without any limitations.

thanks
jOhn

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Your JIRA Software licence is the new style for JIRA 7.  If you're still on JIRA 6, the licence will work and it will activate your Agile add-on (so paste it in there as if it's an Agile licence).  If you're on JIRA 7, then yes, it's Software and you can forget the Agile add-on.

Think of JIRA Software as being JIRA + Agile, it's the easiest, although technically incorrect, route.

Thank you very much - a simple solution that worked!
I was also to update to the next version of JIRA Agile (6.7.14).

ciao jOhn

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,253 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot