JIRA Agile License has expired; is it still needed with JIRA Software (6.4.10)?

jOhn Simonson May 25, 2016

The maintenance period for our "JIRA Agile" expired in March, 2016.

We renewed our "JIRA Software (Server) Commercial License" in March (there was no "JIRA Agile" in the quote, despite its expiring at the same time). This is now good until March, 2017.

I was under the impression that Agile is now bundled with "JIRA Software", and that a separate maintenance license would no longer be necessary. If this is the case, can I disable, even delete the plugin "JIRA Agile" (currently version 6.7.12) from the "Manage add-ons" page?

Or am I missing the point, and this is something completely separate, and the license must be renewed?
We are able to use all our Agile stuff seemingly without any limitations.

thanks
jOhn

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2016

Your JIRA Software licence is the new style for JIRA 7.  If you're still on JIRA 6, the licence will work and it will activate your Agile add-on (so paste it in there as if it's an Agile licence).  If you're on JIRA 7, then yes, it's Software and you can forget the Agile add-on.

Think of JIRA Software as being JIRA + Agile, it's the easiest, although technically incorrect, route.

0 votes
jOhn Simonson May 25, 2016

Thank you very much - a simple solution that worked!
I was also to update to the next version of JIRA Agile (6.7.14).

ciao jOhn

Suggest an answer