JIRA/Agile Export "Issues in Epic"

Neil Taylor November 19, 2013

Hello,

I am using JIRA 6.1 with JIRA Agile. I am playing around with getting reports out of JIRA and have come across a question:

There is a field displayed on the Epic ticket that is called "Issues in Epic" and has a list of all the issues associated with the Epic. (Looks similar to the Issue Links)

I cannot find a way to get this field to export though (tried exporting to Word, Excel, etc.) but none of the exports contain this data...

Any ideas??

issues in epic

Thanks!

Neil

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Can you try to extract the data using the filter

project= xxx and "epic link"= Test Epic - Get Allocations

This will give you all the issues that are under this epic. You can configure the columns you need and extract the filter results in an excel.

btw, did you look at the epic report? You can click on view in issue navigator and extract the same data as above.

Rahul

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

What we need is a way to export the list of issues in an epic just like shown in the JIRA - see Q 14190491

1 vote
Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

The "Get Allocations" part of the query isn't necessary.

0 votes
Katherine Pitas June 26, 2018

"parentEpic" can be use as well:

project= xxx and parentEpic= xxx-###

Suggest an answer