JIRA Agile-Estimate does not appear on plan view

Jimmy Francis February 11, 2015
 Had the below question on JIRA Agile which I need to resolve.Your inputs are highly appreciated. 
In a project, I created a Story Issue type and I did not enter anything in the original estimate field. I then created 2 subtasks to that story and each sub task has an entry for original estimate. On the Story level screen I can see the Estimated and Remaining. However, when I go back to view my board in the Plan view, I do not see the rollup (it just shows no value) of the estimate appearing in the gray bubble or on the right side of the screen. This is making it very difficult for us to plan out how much work can get accomplished in a sprint during our sprint planning sessions.
Can somebody please share your thoughts on this please?

2 answers

1 vote
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

Hi Jimmy,

Actually, that's expected behavior, as the estimations of sub-tasks are not taken under consideration in the Plan mode of the board.

I have created an improvement for that behavior a while ago: GHS-5614

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

0 votes
Jimmy Francis February 12, 2015

Hi Clarissa,

Thank you for that update. I came across a few other related open tickets too. In fact this is a pain point for the entire JIRA Agile fraternity. So wondering if there was a way to enhance its priority for being addressed sooner?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Suggest an answer