JIRA Agile - Changing Issue Status on Release from Kanban Board

Jukka Arola June 26, 2014

Hello All!

Is it possible to configure JIRA to change issue status when the issue is included to a version by using the "Release"-functionality available on Kanban boards?

I'm more than happy to elaborate!

6 answers

4 votes
Poh Nean Tai November 18, 2015

Yes, this would be useful for us as well. We use a 'to be released' column to indicate issues that are completed but pending release.

If the release button can also transition that issues to 'Done' when clicked, it would be immensively useful.

2 votes
Ilya Smirnov October 24, 2019

This plugin help me - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218123/version-released-workflow-trigger?hosting=server&tab=installation

It add new trigger which you can set for transition while editing a workflow

Sarah Kladstrup October 24, 2019

Thanks! That looks very promising.

1 vote
Jason Copp September 19, 2019

+1. Rather obvious missing feature that leaves the state of the tickets in a mess unless you intervene.

1 vote
Thierry February 12, 2017

+1, I have tickets in status "done" (ready for release) and when I click release I want their status to change to "released".

I looked at using triggers on the workflow, but there's no trigger for "kanban release".

Currently, I have to go to Versions, then view in issue navigator, then bulk action, then select all, then transition issues, select done to released, confirm, waooo, it's a pain.

1 vote
calvin February 13, 2016

Yes. This would be very helpful as well.

Suggest an answer