JIRA Agile Board Adding Status Totals

Danielle Bender March 12, 2014

in JIRA when viewing a board under agile it shows tickets under To Do, In Progress, Ready for Test, Testing, and Done columns. Is there a way that the column headers can also show the totals in each column?

Example:

Ready For Test

3 Issues

Thanks in advance,

Danielle

6 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Bender March 19, 2014

Went to task board and clicked the dropped down from the button that said "board" chose configure and set the column restraint to issue count with no mx or min. And it is now showing correctly.

Thanks!

david_elger May 14, 2020

This worksss.png

Like Maya Venturero likes this
0 votes
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 18, 2023

Yes, in Jira, you can configure your board to display the totals for each column. This feature is called Column Sum. By enabling Column Sum, you can see the total number of issues in each column directly in the column header.

To enable Column Sum for your board, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to your board.
  2. Click on the Board settings (gear icon) located at the top-right corner of the board.
  3. Select Configure from the dropdown menu.
  4. In the left-hand sidebar, click on Columns.
  5. For each column where you want to display the total, click on the  (more options) button and select Column Configuration.
  6. In the Column Configuration dialog, enable the Column Sum option.
  7. Click on Save to apply the changes.

Once you have enabled Column Sum for a column, it will display the total number of issues in that column.

0 votes
Sajid Rahman May 29, 2021

It's available in scrum board as well

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

As far as I know, for Scrum board there is no way to achieve this (at least without modifying the source code :) ).

This functionality is available on Kanban boards, by deafult.

0 votes
Danielle Bender March 12, 2014

It is a scrum board. I tried uploading a screen shot ... but i'm not seeing that it uploaded (clicking the blue up arrow and selecting the file from my desktop).

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Can you post a screenshot of how your board looks currently.

Is it a Scrum or Kanban board ?

Suggest an answer