JIRA Administrators can import the CSV data to JIRA?

Kelly Jeon February 10, 2015

Hello,

I just want to know clearly, if we can import the CSV file with "JIRA Administrators" or not.

Do we need to do this with "JIRA System Administrators" only?

3 answers

1 vote
Andrey Kuzmin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Importing from CSV is done via JIRA Importers Plugin and since version 6.2.3 (for plugin, for JIRA it's 6.2+ i believe) the ability to bulk create wasintroduced to all users with Create permissions.

Only 1 difference i believe is that JIRA Administrators have extended import (i.e. they can map Status field so issues can be created in any Workflow State) when non-administrator users can only use this feature for bulk create.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

Ah, correct. Create Issue project permission and global Bulk Change permission is required. +1 https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+issues+using+the+CSV+importer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2015

JIRA Administrator is sufficient to import csv files.

2015-02-11 07_51_13-Importing Data from CSV - JIRA 6.2 - Atlassian Documentation.png

0 votes
Kelly Jeon February 10, 2015

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer