JIRA Administrator cannot create projects

Arthur June 7, 2012

I have JIRA Administrator permissions, however I cannot create new projects - I don't even see the 'New project' button. A couple of my colleagues though who are JIRA Administrators as well see the button and are able to create new projects.

Is there anything I'm missing?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Team,

An admin needs access to all applications in order to be able to add a project in OnDemand. Access the Application Access page:

http://<domain name>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/user/ApplicationAccessConfig!default.jspa and grant yourself access to all applications.

Hope that helps !!!

Arthur July 3, 2012

Thank you! That was easy :)

0 votes
Arthur July 3, 2012

How come noone from Atlassian is reacting to this? I have poked Atlassian ages ago. It's been a month now since I cannot resolve this issue.

0 votes
Arthur June 18, 2012

Anyone from Atlassian can help with this? Internally in our company we can't find the answer to this question.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2012

Check the groups for your user and your other administrators very carefully. I suspect you're missing from at least one group that they are in - make the accounts identical.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll need to raise the problem with Atlassian.

Arthur June 18, 2012

Hi Nic. Thanks for you answer. Groups are not an issue. We've done a cleanup of the way permissions are organised, so we have only 2 groups now - administrators and users. I belong to both, just like some of my mentioned colleagues.

I have raised this with Atlassian, they're not too quick to answer though, 11 days now and counting :)

Suggest an answer