JIRA Admin Newbie Continued Help

David Kiellar September 19, 2012

I am testing JIRA for my company. I am trying to set it up the way we would like. Since I am limited to 30 days, I will have questions along the way.

One such is I have a task that is simple three fields and associated workflow that automatically changes the status to closed. After I create the issue and it closes and i go to view it, i get the attached screen. Which screen is this and how do i change it for this issue type?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

This is the View screen. The screen attached to "View" operation in screen schemes. But for this screen alone, you can only define what is shown and the order of custom fields.

For standard fields, there is predefined location. Same for User and Date fields.

To remove fields like Priority, hide it in the field configuration.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Specifying+Field+Behaviour#SpecifyingFieldBehaviour-Hidingorshowingafield

So can I associate a field configuration with an issue type?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

yes. Pls see the link.

0 votes
David Kiellar September 20, 2012

How do I add a permissions scheme to a user group, I cant seem to find where to do that.

0 votes

ok, update field issue. Got it. So now my next question in a little more difficult. Say i have 100 employees managed by 10 different managers. When an issue is created for a certain type, i want the assignee to automatically be that employees manager. How can I do this? I have oracle tables with this data. Is there anyway to link the two?

On the same note. For a custom field single select box, is there a way to have the data for that be a table somewhere or an oracle table. How do I link to external tables in jira and use that data for drop downs.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Can you add a screenshot of all the available post functions? There is no Update issue Field function?

0 votes

-Assign to Current User

-Assign to Lead Developer

or

Assign to Reporter

are the three i see.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Update Issue Field ?

0 votes

Yes, I saw that, but it only had assign to project lead or current user.

0 votes

How do I change a workflow so that it automatically assigns a specific issue to a certain user?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Suggest an answer