JIRA Activity Stream not working after JIRA 5.1 upgrade for most projects

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

- Fresh install of JIRA 5.1

- Import DB from xml (into SQL Server)

- DB exported from JIRA 4.3.2 instance (DB from Postgres)

- Updating issues do not reflect in Activity Stream for affected projects

- 90% of projects cannot display activity stream.

- Unknown cause

Working Activity Stream in Project, JIRA 5.1

Non-Working Activity Stream in Project, JIRA 5.1

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Relates to a known issue in JIRA 5.0+ where project keys cannot contain an underscore.

Listed as a Major bug.

BlueKai Support September 26, 2012

Do you have an Atlassian ticket to follow?

Thats not the case for us. All our project keys are 3 characters.

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27967

In my example the activity stream is working when I replace all underscores with another character, for example, a dash "-". While replacing with a dash is not recommended, it is more of a proof of concept that illustrates that the underscore, in our case, was the problem.

0 votes
Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

It still exists even in 5.1.5.

We're stuck using a version prior to JIRA 5.0+ where the underscores are accepted in project keys.

They have not given an indication to where this bug falls in the release roadmap but what you can do is add yourself as a watcher to the issue linked in the Answers section.

If your problem does not relate to the underscores then maybe putting in another ticket to raise awareness might be the answer.

0 votes
BlueKai Support September 12, 2012

I noticed the same issue for all my projects. Its a minor issue, but I'm seeing the same after our upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1.

0 votes
BlueKai Support September 12, 2012

Its a minor issue, but I'm seeing the same after our upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1.

0 votes
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Have you tried to reindex Jira? I've got a lot of problems solved by simply reindexing Jira.

You may want to check project roles and permissions on the administer project tab too. It looks like you do not have any rights to see anything.

BTW. check activity stream preferences on congwheel menu, near to RSS icon

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2012

Yes I have tried reindexing.

I am a system administrator so that rules out permissions.

The cogwheel just displays refresh and I have done that as well.

It has the same permission scheme as the projects that do work, the ones that differ are issue type screen / field configuration

Suggest an answer