JIRA 7 data center upgrade instuction

Jenifer Kuntz October 9, 2015

Is there new instructions for upgrading to JIRA-Software data center ?  From the hub it looks like there is a new installer, not sure if this will work with data center.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

At this time, the process to upgrade JIRA Data Center is identical to that of JIRA Server. Upgrades of each node are done one at a time. Once the upgrade process is complete, you'll then bring each node back up in the cluster one at a time.

Jenifer Kuntz October 13, 2015

Thank you!

Francesc Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Hello @Pelle Kirkeby. If I have two nodes in Data Center, the procedure is, disconecting both nodes from the load balancer, upgrade one node, upgrade the second node, and conecting them again to the load balancer?

pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2015

That is correct :)

Kevin Christmann February 22, 2017

Is there a need to copy the 5 home directory folders to the shared drive used by Data center or no?

I installed a newer version of JIRA core on one of my nodes, started it back up, and am having issues getting it to then update JIRA Software and Service desk.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2017

this is what i would do in order to have no downtime while upgrading. doesn't matter how many nodes you have running....

as of now there is definitely no need to disconnect all your nodes from the Loadbalancer

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-zero-downtime-upgrades-861253112.html

Kind Regards

Suggest an answer