JIRA 7 and Jira Agile

Stefania Stradi February 28, 2016

Good morning, 

sorry for the question, but I haven't understood one thing.

We are currently on JIRA 6.4 and we are evaluating to add JIRA Agile add-ons, but on the marketplace I can't see it and I can't find the pricing. If we upgrade to JIRA 7, the Agile add-ons comes for free?

Best regards,

Stefania

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2016

The JIRA Agile add-on is deprecated in JIRA 7 and goes away.  That's why you can't find it on the marketplace for JIRA 7.

However, JIRA 7 is now three products - JIRA Core, JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk.  This probably is not the way Atlassian wants me to describe it, but you can think of JIRA Core as being the platform on which other things are built, and JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk are JIRA Applications which you can add to Core, and are available as packages pre-added to it.  So if you want JIRA Software, you can either download Core and add the application, or you can download JIRA Software and install both in one go.

There is a direct migration path from JIRA + Agile to JIRA Software - while it is a different structure, JIRA Software is more of a rebranding and repackaging of Agile than a new system, and it understands and automatically takes all your Agile data from 6.4 and upgrades it to Software.

So, the path for you to follow is "upgrade your JIRA to JIRA Software".  Not JIRA Core, you need Software.  Price that by looking at the pricing page for JIRA Software, and that's all you need to do (other add-ons remain as add-ons, not applications)

Suggest an answer