JIRA 7.3 Integration with CVS

Salman_Raza September 29, 2017

I need to integrated JIRA 7.3 with CVS, for this I have downloaded and installed JIRA CVS Plugin from https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jira-cvs-plugin.git, it installed sucessfully, but when I clicked on CVS Modules it given erorr

1.png

Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation.

com.google.template.soy.base.SoySyntaxException: In file bundle://200.0:1/templates/plugins/jira/vcs/updaterepository.soy:34, template JIRA.Templates.CVS.updateRepository: Call to 'JIRA.Templates.CVS.cvsFields' is missing required params [name, description, cvsRoot, moduleName, logFilePath, timeout, repositoryBrowserURL, repositoryBrowserRootParam].

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Salman,

I get a 500 error when I click CVS modules and see the same error in the logs.  Seeing as this was released in 2013 and doesn't look to be maintained I am not sure what versions this would stop working at and what code changes in Jira stop it from working.

The source code for that portion that is not working can be found at the app developers BitBucket page here if youre interested

One thing to note from the devs Bitbucket page is the following: 

Those customers who wish to continue to use CVS within JIRA, whilst receiving
Atlassian's legendary support, are encouraged to migrate to FishEye, or to
migrate away from CVS and to a more recent version control system.

If possible I would look into Fisheye/Crucible to work around this.

Cheers,

Branden

Salman_Raza October 10, 2017

Thanks a lot, I have installed Fisheye-Crucible for the Integration.

Suggest an answer