JIRA 7.2.0 - Using SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS error health check

j September 1, 2016

Hi, i have JIRA running MS SQL Server with collation 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' with versions 5.2.9, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 it worked fine
i just upgrade to 7.2.0 version and now i found the message:
the database collation 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' and table collation ''SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' are not supported by JIRA.

also, if i search documentation abount installation of JIRA with sqlserver2012 i found that the recomendation is CASE INSENSITIVE
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-802592195.html
so what do i have to do in this case?

1 answer

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

Change your database collation to Latin1_General_CI_AI and the health check will no longer show error.

(Always make changes on test database in a test jira environment before doing in prod)

j September 1, 2016

The change was made in test environment,

What happens if i dont change the collation? 

and if i install confluence this collation:  Latin1_General_CI_AI

is going to work for both?

j September 1, 2016

we want JIRA database and confluence database in the same instance of sqlserver

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

I strongly suggest to always stay with in the supported platforms.
Collation:

JIRA

Confluence

j September 1, 2016

Does JIRA support has a procedure for a change of collation in database?

for migrate information between databases with this problem?

j September 1, 2016

is there any recommendation or documentation that we can follow?

j September 30, 2016

i changed the collation, and i receive the error

"Argument data type ntext is invalid for argument 1 of lower function".  in log file, with table: "AO_54307E_VIEWPORTFORM" 

when i try add sla based of requesttype specifycally in JQL filter

what should i have to do?

Frank Coulter February 5, 2019

Did anyone ever receive a resolution to this issue? We are encountering the same issue. I've created a fresh database, set the collation accordingly, imported all the data from the prior database into the new database with the correct collation, and now jira wants an installation key. After providing the key, the installed version thinks there is no data. Is there a suggestion for resolving this issue?

Regards,

Frank

Suggest an answer