JIRA 7.0 Application access

Tony.Liang October 27, 2015

Hi Support:

I'm talking about a test environment, we are testing JIRA 7.0 :

We are using Microsoft active directory to synchronise our AD account to JIRA user directories.
Currently we have two applications : JIRA software 7.0.0 and JIRA service desk 3.0.0
Now all our AD users are already be synchronised to JIRA user directories, but "This user has no application access and won't be able to log in until added to an application."
Then I saw this blog:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/managing-user-access-to-jira-applications-749382793.html

It seems "Application access" also control the access. All users need to be added to the default group "jira-software-users" which have access to JIRA.

So ,my question is , how can I do to ensure that all my AD users/groups can be added to "jira-software-users" automactically after being synchronised to user directories ?

Much appreciated !

2 answers

0 votes

Sorry,

You guys can ignore my question. I was misunderstooding , now it's clear, we can change other groups to default.

0 votes

"jira-software-users" I know this one is default , we can use this to allow application access, but we also have more than 1000 AD groups used to control project specific permissions and access. I think they all need to be added to JIRA software application access . But how ? Manually search and add one by one ?

Suggest an answer