[JIRA 6/ eazy BI]

Jerome Renaud January 12, 2015

Hi all,

I'm still struggling to add a single ratio column.

What I want to achieve is something like that

Developer (logged by) |  time spent in bugfix | time spent in projets | ratio bug fix/projets

I've tried to do it defining a new calculated measure called "ratio" and defined as described in my previous question (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9389329)

So my row data is "Logged by", first column measures with two calculated fields ("time spent","ratio"), second and last column is "Issue Type" (with two calculated fields aggregating issue types called 'bugs' and 'project).

The issue is that then I have the ratio column twice like that

Days spent        | ratio

bugs | project   | bugs | project

Of course "sub-column" ratio/bugs and ratio/project are the same.

How can I fix that ?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Hi Jerome!

From you description I understand that you are also using Issue Type dimension on columns. This creates separate column for Days spent for each issue type and then does the ratio calculation for each Issue type as well. 

In this case it would be easier not to use the Issue Type on columns, but use the previously defined calculated members with overriding default Issue Type and saying for which type we want to see days spent with tuples as described earlier. Then each of Days spent measures can used in the new formula for ratio.

Let me know if you have additional questions!
Lauma 

Jerome Renaud January 13, 2015

Hi Lauma, it's a bit tedious to systematically have to hard-code the "filter" because all the features ("Pages" for example) are not working as expected. Is there an easy way to just calculate a ratio in column C based on column A/ column B? Thanks again for your help Lauma :)

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Hi Jerome, It is not always necessary to hardcode filters; in this case I imagined it would give better look for the report. Do you have other issue types or just these two? Also is Days spent a calculated measure? Would it be possible to send the report definition (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Create+reports#Createreports-Exportandimportreportdefinitions) for me to support@eazybi.com? From definition I could see how report is now defined and suggest other changes. Could you please give me some more specific example of when the Page filters do not work as expected as well so I could assist to resolve this. Kind regards, Lauma

Jerome Renaud February 9, 2015

Hi Lauma, Sorry for this late answer. In this case I've filtered issue type (two calculated members) to have only two. Days spent is also a calculated member. I've sent you the report definition. Something that would really be nice is to a have a ratio calculated from A/B whatever is A and B. That way I would be able to compare bugs/total time, project/total time, bugs/projects and so on.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2015

Hi Jerome, Thanks for the details! I just sent you a reply in email about possible changes in your report. Kind regards, Lauma

Jerome Renaud February 13, 2015

Hi Lauma, Thanks for your feedback. It's certainly improving my report but it does no entirely solve the issue. I will manage to do it "hardcoded' way!

Suggest an answer