JIRA 6 display issues in non-IE browsers

Rick Herrick September 12, 2013

We just moved our JIRA server around on our internal network, but nothing changed on the server configuration as best we can tell. Yesterday before the move, issues displayed fine in all browsers (most of us use Chrome as the default browser, some use Firefox, and a few use Safari). Now, after the move, all non-IE browsers have major display problems on issue pages:

JIRA in Chrome

On IE 10, it looks totally normal. I ran the Chrome developer tools and no errors appear in the Network logs. A few messages appear in the Console:

***** Analytics log [kickass.criteriaAutoUpdateEnabled][{"enabled":true,"context_pageSession":"c43n2nslmims4ivny7yhy8e7trcnmi","context_pageTime":1}] batch.js:12
Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.twixi'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:3385
Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:3385
Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector '.toggle-trigger'.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored. batch.js:3385
[object Object] layoutSwitcherReady batch.js:2477
[object Object] filterPanelOpened batch.js:2477

I've cleared my cache, restarted Chrome, run in Incognito mode, etc., and the results are always as seen above. The same goes for Safari, Firefox, and Opera (actually it's even more messed up in Opera: the blue menu bar there occupies space from the top of the screen to the bottom!).

This is on JIRA v6.0.4#6100 with a number of add-ons, including JIRA Agile and Zephyr. I can provide any more specific information that might help debug the issue, just let me know.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2013

Hi Rick,

Issues with browser are really a pain, we have this troubleshooting guide in case you want to take a look: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Browser+Troubleshooting+Guide

Addtional to this, in some cases the problem is the Tomcat cache, cleaning up the content of the folder $JIRA_Install/work can help in some cases.

Cheers

Rick Herrick September 15, 2013

Thanks Tiago, it was the Tomcat cache that was causing the problem. Weird that it affected everything BUT IE, but whatever, as long as we're back working properly! I appreciate the help.

Levan Khunjgurua February 14, 2016

Hi Rick, although it's been 3 years..

Did you just delete $Jira_Install/Work folder?

Suggest an answer