JIRA 6 Migration issues

Dharshani May 30, 2013

We are trying to migrate to Jira 6 and we are currently comparing it against the previous JIRA 4.1.1. I have come across the following issues while reviewing it;

Issue 1

In Jira 4.1.1 we have the ability to attach screen shots to a given issue. Then it would display the attachement in a thumbnail and view it as a pop-up when you click on the image.

However, the new JIRA 6 doesn't allow to do the same. It dispalys a list of attachements & when clicked on one attachement it will open in a seperate TAB.

Issue 2

While creating an issue in JIRA 6 the "Affects Version/s" dropdown is too large.

Any possibility of re-sizing it?

How could we resolve the above issues?

3 answers

0 votes
Dharshani May 30, 2013

Well it was .png image which was attached for an issue created in JIRA 4.1.1 version. This issue doesn't arise if we create a new issue in JIRA 6 and attach the image.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

Regarding issue 1, may I know what type of the attachment image that you tried to attach? On my Demo project, png type seems to be attached fine as an image.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

Hi Dharshani

For Issue 1:

I have tested it on my end, it seems to be working fine when you use the attach files > select any picture then it would show as thumbnail and view it as a pop-up when you click on the image.

For Issue 2:

I don't think is possible to re-sizing it. It seems to be the way it is. Perhaps you can try to raise an improvement request regarding on this in here: https://jira.atlassian.com and provide a good solid use case for this improvement to be implemented.

Hopefully it helps :)

Dharshani May 30, 2013

Thank you for your prompt response.

For Issue 1:

As explained by you, when we create a new issue in JIRA 6 the attached image is displayed as a thumbnail and we can view it as a pop-up when clicked on it.

However, an attached image of an issue created in JIRA 4.1.1 doesn't display in the same way in JIRA 6. This type of old issues doesn't display the thumbnail or allow us to view the image as a pop-up.

Would be great if we could resolve this issue, as we have old issues which are created in JIRA 4.1.1 and have not been resolved yet. If this issues continue even after the migration is completed our users will have difficulties in responding and affect performance.

For Issue 2:

Can we use some sort of plug-in to edit the UI?

Suggest an answer