JIRA 6.4 to JIRA Software upgrade issue with CVS

Michael Wollschleager November 25, 2015

After this upgrade, I now get the following error when trying to view the Version Control tab:

"Error rendering 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-cvs-plugin:cvs-tabpanel'"

I'm sure this is related to the CVS opensource plugin I had to use since JIRA stopped supporting CVS after version 6.1. Does anyone have any idea how to get CVS working again, other than the "Purchase Fisheye" answer?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Bailey December 7, 2015

Michael,

I hacked on the plugin source enough to get it working with JIRA 7.  You can download my modified plugin here:
https://bitbucket.org/aebailey/jira-cvs-plugin/downloads

Warning: This is my first time building a JIRA plugin or using git. It requires JIRA Software 7.0.  It will not work with JIRA 6.x.

Michael Wollschleager December 8, 2015

I was able to download it without issue and am checking it out now. It seems to be working fine! Thanks so much, Adam.

Christoph June 21, 2016

Saved my day as well. We are using it with JIRA 7.1.7
Thanks a lot !

Christoph July 11, 2016

Hi Adam,
I hope you are still out there - I'm using your version 1.2_dev of the jira-cvs-plugin.
It's working just great. Now some of the cvs projects which are currently configured in the cvs-plugin have been moved away from cvs to git. Since there are a number of errors in the log now I'd like to remove those projects from the cvs-plugin. I haven't found a "remove" button nor a suitable database table where the data is stored.
Can you point me to a right place (if any).
Thanks - Christoph

Adam Bailey July 11, 2016

Christoph,

I see the problem. You can add or edit modules (Administration -> Add-ons -> CVS Modules) but there is no way to remove them.

The plugin will only allow you to delete a module if it is not used in any projects, but I couldn't get this to work. I removed a module from all projects and still couldn't delete it.

Honestly I don't understand how the plugin works, but I will see what I can do.

Adam

0 votes
Christoph July 12, 2016

Hi Adam - thanks for being around smile As I said it's just noise in the logs so please don't feel any pressure at all . For completeness I've added a log snippet with the messages I get in the logs. Not sure if it helps in any way but that's what we get. Thanks - Christoph

Suggest an answer