JIRA 6.4.7 date format messed up

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

Hi all,

I have a weird behavior that is driving my users nuts.   Currently whenever a date field is displayed there is a little calendar icon to choose the date (that has been there throughout all versions and worked).  The date that it chooses (for due date for instance) is in the format MM/dd/yy (E.G. 08/22/15).  Yet when I press next it says that is not an allowable format?!?  

I went to "look and feel" and changed the default date format for Day/Month/Year Format to MM/dd/yy and it still says that I need to input the field as d/MMM/yy E.G 22/Aug/15.   

Is there a way to customize what the date picker icon uses for format?  Or is there a way, to be able to have the icon that chooses a date to have a format that the JIRA field accepts?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

Turns out the solution was to change the date on the advanced settings page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Advanced+Settings 

Suggest an answer