JIRA 6.4.13 & Postgres 11.2 Compatability

Ajinkya Paradkar August 25, 2022

Hi ,

We are planning to migrate to migrate our Oracle 11g to Postgres 11.2 Database and along with that Jira Version from 6.4.13 to 8.20.  ( Currently we are on Jira 6.4.13 & Oracle DB 11g )

However we are having some difficulties when moving to version 7 and 8 with the behavior scripts and Jira Licensing as we run on Jira Core License.

Due to the time crunch of moving to Postgres , we are planning to run Jira 6.4.13 on Postgres 11.2 database. I understand that it is unsupported but if the testing goes well on UAT environment , is it safe to move ahead on production ?

So to sum up , we will be just switching databases on Jira 6.4.13 from Oracle 11g to Postgres 11.2

Kindly suggest. 

Thanks,

Ajinkya

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi,

I would not recommend it. You'd have to test this on UAT thoroughly to make sure Jira can run without issues.

What I would do in your case is install a postgres 9.3 instance just for Jira and move to postgres 11.2 whenever you are ready to upgrade to Jira 8

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events