JIRA 6.3.4, migrate to other server, import mysql dump problem

Hans Pesata March 22, 2015

Hi!

I am trying to perform a migration of our JIRA 6.3.4 installation on a LINUX machine to another LINUX machine.

By using mysqldump, I created a dump of the JIRA DB and I am importing the mysqldump file into the mysql JIRA DB on the destination machine.

I am copying the JIRA program directory and the JIRA home directory to the destination machine by using rsync using the --delete switch to exactly receive the source version of the file/directory structure.

Afterwards I am doing a reindex on the destination JIRA.

I realized, that the Base URL is still the original value but I suppose, that it should have been set to the value of the source machine ? Using mysql command line on the destination DB, I can see that the source machine BASE URL is present in the propertystring and changeitem tables, but not in the JIRA System GUI.

The issues of the source machine are visible, but when I try to update an issue I am receiving the following error:

"org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:ChangeGroup][id,453410][author,sfe_admin][created,2015-03-18 15:15:08.288][issue,66821] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO changegroup (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, CREATED) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry '453410' for key 'PRIMARY'))

It seems that you have tried to perform an illegal workflow operation.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Any help with what is going wrong or missing would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx in advance!

regards,

Hans

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2015

>I can see that the source machine BASE URL is present in the propertystring and changeitem tables, but not in the JIRA System GUI

That sounds like something has gone wrong.  What do you see when you go to Admin -> General configuration and look at the base url?  And what happens if you change it to what it should be on the new server?

On the issue update question, may I ask about the mysqldump you took - the first question is "did you have JIRA offline when you did the dump"?

Suggest an answer