JIRA 6.3.3 extremely slow to show an issue

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Upgraded to JIRA 6.3.3 today, all was running great, read about the new performance improvements, however, seeing a tremendous slow down degradation when clicking an issue in a filter results list. It's taking 5-10 seconds from the time I click an issue until the issue appears on the right. I tried doing a locking re-index, restarting the service (Windows 2012 R2) etc. - no luck. Everything else seems to be running fine, just a big slow down in clicking an issue to showing it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

It is the DVCS plug-in. There is an error in the logs "java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'MERGE'." and the stack trace led me to the plug-in which I disabled and the problem is resolved.

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

Hey Neal,

We can have multiple causes for this behaviour, like: database responding slowly, Custom Fields which are slow to load, etc. So, given that, to search for a clue, can you confirm if there's something while the issue is tyring to be loaded in your jira log? We can find it through the latest atlassian-jira.log file which is inside <JIRA Home/logs> directory.

Also, does it happen with any issue you try to create/show?

Cheers,

Giu

Suggest an answer