JIRA 6.3.1 Unable to launch

gijanard August 25, 2014

Dear Team,

I did a new installation of JIRA version 6.3.1 on my linux machine, but I cannot access the same from the browser. When I checked the logs, all seems to be OK, but no logs written after "localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Enqueuing Post database-configuration launchers on post-database-activated queue"

Kindly assist me in fixing the same, since we need to test this version for our production environment rollout.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

What do both of your logs say? Catalina.out and Atlassian-jira.log are the two to read. I think you've only read the Catalina.out which is just what Tomcat is up to, once it gets the application started ok, it lets the application handle it's own logging, which goes into atlassian-jira.log in the $jira-home/logs directory and should tell you that Jira has tried to start and why it's not running

gijanard August 25, 2014

Hi Nic

I checked atlassian-jira.log and found that no logs written after the below

___ Plugin System Started _________________

2014-08-26 11:44:54,645 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /home/jira/data/dbconfig.xml

2014-08-26 11:44:54,663 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.instrumentation.external.DatabaseExternalGauges] Installing DBCP monitoring instruments: DatabaseExternalGauges.JiraDbcpInstruments[instruments=[DBCP_MAX, DBCP_ACTIVE, DBCP_IDLE],objectName=com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource]

2014-08-26 11:44:54,783 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.

2014-08-26 11:44:54,791 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] JIRA pre-database startup checks completed successfully.

2014-08-26 11:44:54,793 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is not yet configured

2014-08-26 11:44:54,793 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Enqueuing Database Checklist Launcher on post-database-configured-but-pre-database-activated queue

2014-08-26 11:44:54,795 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is not yet configured

2014-08-26 11:44:54,795 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] Enqueuing Post database-configuration launchers on post-database-activated queue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2014

Mmm, that implies it's trying to read the database and just waiting for data to come back from it.

Is there anything in the database?

Another nagging doubt though - do you have the subversion plugin installed?

Suggest an answer