JIRA 6.2 slower than 5.2.4

Todor Kostadinov February 27, 2014

Hi all,

I planning to update our JIRA to latest version ( currently 6.2 ), since our license is expiring soon.

Right now I'm testing JIRA 6.2 in TEST environment.

I've installed JIRA 6.2 in TEST and connected it to copy of our production MySQL database.

After that I've installed all plugins and moved/applied all modifications, the attachments have been copied as well.

I'm planning to update JIRA with a fallback method.

But to be honest, JIRA 6.2 is about 2-3 times slower than 5.2.4 even it is only in test environment.

Any suggestions how to optimize the speed?

Or I missing something?

Or just the new version is slower?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2014

Have you applied any JVM arguments to production not re-applied in test? (Heap, GC interval, permgen, etc?)

How do the disks of the two environments compare?

Jave you adequate excercised test to get the caches populated at par with production?

Our experience was just the opposite, seeing a bit of a speed boost, particularly under heavy load.

Todor Kostadinov March 4, 2014
Great answer, thank you! You are right - I forgot to increase memory in setenv.sh.
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

That's great Todor! Glad you are seeing better performance now!

Suggest an answer