JIRA 6.2 "details navigator view" is there anyway to see the field value you are ordering on?

Daniel Tarpey July 22, 2014

In JIRA 6.2 when using "details navigator view" is there anyway to see the field value you are ordering on?

E.g. If I order a filter on "Fix Version" is it possible to get JIRA to show the contents of the "Fix Version" field in the issue list?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hi Daniel,

The issue list will only display the Issue key and the summary for the issues.

The actual fields for the issue will be displayed on the right side panel showing any fields you have on the View issue screen.

If you need to see the fields in the issue list itself, you can simply change the view back to the List view.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2014

Ah, I see, he wants to see the sorted-by field on the list part of the details view. Thanks Marcus!

Is shall rasie a Feature Request/Improvment ticket then as this has been rasied by a few users now, thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2014

You add the field you are ordering on to the list of fields in your issue navigator view. Towards the top right, there's a "choose columns" option on the settings menu.

(I can see why you're asking - it would be nice if it were automatic, so that the issue navigator read your current setup and added the "ordered by" field if you haven't already got it)

That was how it worked in JIRA 5 but in JIRA 6 there is a new detail view along with the old list style view.

I am asking with regards to the new details view.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Navigator#UsingtheIssueNavigator-DetailView

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2014

It still works in the list view in 6 - that hasn't changed.

In the details view, the field is included in the details already.

I'm a bit lost on what you're looking for now...

Suggest an answer