JIRA 6.2 now send two issue created notifications - Why?

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi,

I recently upgrade my instance of JIRA from 5.2.1 to 6.2,

Nothing changed interms of configuration and now we get 2x issue created notifications?

Why?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Is there any other user id that has your email address (or an alias)? Just in case..

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2014

Hmmmm, I think there is another ADMIN user using my email address - We have a requirement to have a generic ADMIN user for automation - I think this may be the issue, I'll investigate and get clarify this.

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2014

I had to create a new Group - Automated Admin and seperated this users to not recieve jira-admin notifications. Works like a charm!

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2014

Hello Warren,

are u sure that the previous JIRA 5.2 is down? Are u receiving duplicated email just for issue creation event?

Let me know,

Fabio

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

Hi,

Well we have teo environments -

1. Production JIRA

2. Testing JIRA

Testing JIRA environment is on a local server and can not send out any kind of notification.

Our Production environment was just upgraded? So we only has 6.2 up and running - 5.2.1 should technically no longer exist except in back ups?

We are only receiving duplicated emails just for issue creation event...It's odd?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2014

Hello Warren,

please, could you try to perform this check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Duplicate+Issue+Creation,+Comments+or+Notifications

COuld you verify that your outgoing mail queue has not errors?

Regards,

Fabio

Warren McInnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014

Hi, I'm still getting 2x create notifications after change? any more ideas why?

Suggest an answer