JIRA 6.2 and Oracle 12c

Michal Hybasek [MoroSystems] August 6, 2014

Hi,

Can I ask if JIRA 6.2 will work fine with Oracle 12c? Or which version of JIRA will support Oracle 12c?

Thank you,

M.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Hi Michal, we officially don't support Oracle 12 (see our supported platforms), but it doesn't mean that it won't work, it just mean that we haven't fully tested it yet. You may follow this improvement request for more information.

Cheers

Michal Hybasek [MoroSystems] August 6, 2014

Hi Tiago. I've seen improvement request, but there is no information about stability and if it works..

Do you know if it is safe to use Oracle 12c on production platform?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

We do not recommend using Oracle 12c on production yet. We know that it may work and some customers are already using it, but as mentioned, we haven't fully tested and we can't guarentee it's compatible yet.

Cheers

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

Hi Michal

Do you remember if this worked a the time?

I need to upgrade a JIRA 6.2 instance and migrate from MySQL to Oracle 12c at the same time.

Michal Hybasek [MoroSystems] September 3, 2017

Hi Charlie,

Finally, we decided to use a different database on production environment. We tried to use Oracle 12C and JIRA 6.2 on test environment and it worked well.

But Oracle 12C is supported from JIRA version 6.4. I think it is better do upgrade first and after migrate database.

Thanks,
M.

marco.covi December 17, 2019

Hi Michal,

Just found your old post. Our dept has asked my team to investigate JIRA's ability to integrate with our organization's source control management tools. Currently our scm tool is IBM Rational team concert and we are on an oracle database (12c r2). We want to create a demo that reflects our current operating environment. So I needed to understand which version of the free trial JIRA I need to setup .. is it JIRA server? Or Jira software for local installation? Or maybe it doesn't matter? link to the options for usage are here:  https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/try 

Interested in knowing which version I should use and also if you have any tips on integrating. I am currently working off this doc instructing how to integrate: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-oracle-938846856.html

Suggest an answer