JIRA(6.2.3) keeps freezing

Hi Expert,

I'm having serious issues in using JIRA(6.2.3). The site freezes quite often for no apparent reason. e.g. although my on screen mouse cursor continues to move the buttons and drop down menus perform no actions. I've tried both IE and Chrome but I'm continuing to encounter the same issues over and over, at least 50% of the time. 

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Mohin

1 answer

0 votes

Performance issues are a huge massive problem, it's immensely hard to know where to start.  Even in the most simple case, it could be your machine, the network or the server and all of these have different roles and hence different ways to break.

Start with the basics:

• How much resource does JIRA have (memory, disk speed, CPU).  Is it enough for your size of Jira?
  • Check the application logs
  • Check your monitoring - is that saying JIra has any spikes in load or something?
  • Are you using a supported browser?
  • When it freezes, what is your machine actually doing? (i.e. the same as above, but on the client)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,011 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot