JIRA 6.1 Connection database ms sql with domain user using windows authentication mode

Mochamad Zein Mutaqien June 4, 2014

how to connect database ms sql server 2008 in jira 6.1 using domain user with windows authentication mode without user sql temporary

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by "without user sql temporary", that seems like you added some words to the end of the sentence.

But for the first part, have a look at the comments on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+and+MS+SQL+Server+2008- that tells you how to use a domain login.

0 votes
Mochamad Zein Mutaqien June 12, 2014

Hi Nic,

i already test and i am using script this in dbconfig.xml like this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+and+MS+SQL+Server+2008 :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>mssql</database-type>
<schema-name>jiraschema</schema-name>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://KSI-UAT-JIRA:1433/jiradb;integratedSecurity=true;domain=corpuat</url>
<driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<username>jirauseruat</username>
<password>password</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>

i am using domain user have access to SQL and DB. and using authentication windows mode.

my test still error :

localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [NoModule] Error getting datasource via DBCP: JdbcDatasourceInfo{uri='jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://CLO-UAT-JIRA:1433/jiradb;integratedSecurity=true;domain=corpuat', driverClassName='net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver', username='jirauseruat', password='********', isolationLevel='null', connectionProperties=null, connectionPoolInfo=ConnectionPoolInfo{maxSize=20, minSize=20, initialSize=null, maxIdle=20, maxWait=30000, sleepTime=300000, lifeTime=600000, deadLockMaxWait=600000, deadLockRetryWait=10000, validationQuery=null, minEvictableTimeMillis=null, timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=null, poolPreparedStatements=null, testOnBorrow=null, testOnReturn=null, testWhileIdle=null, maxOpenPreparedStatements=null, numTestsPerEvictionRun=null, removeAbandonedTimeout=300, validationQueryTimeout=null, defaultCatalog=null}}
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.)

you can help to solving problem?

Suggest an answer