JIRA 6.1.7 can't restore data to Oracle / SQL Server

Ilka February 24, 2014

I'm having a problem when i connect JIRA 6.1.7 to oracle 11g.
At first JIRA seems running well, but after i setup an admin account it was redirected to an error page RuntimeException / OperationFailedException which caused by "No Crowd Application available".

Then, i'm trying to connect JIRA 6.1.7 to SQL Server 2012 R2, and also having a problem after i restore data from xml backup, because i cannot login as an admin and was redirected to another error page
UserNotFoundException which caused by "User <admin> does not exist".

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Hi Ilka,

Based on what you are describing I suspect that the restored data is still configured to use an external directory, which is why you are unable to login after restoring the data. So what I'd recommend is that you restore the data and then follow the instructions in this document to regain access to the instance and get things configured again: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

All the best,
John

Ilka April 2, 2014

Thanks for the answer John Inder, i will try your solution.

But by the way, is JIRA compatible with SQL Server 2012 R2?
Has anyone ever tried using this database?

Suggest an answer