JIRA 6.1.7 Communication Breakdown

When trying to edit any issue, I am getting a 'Communication Breakdown' error message and/or a continuously revolving timer.

Nothing is showing up in the logs.

Assistance required urgently please.

Nick

3 answers

This was caused by connecting Enterprise Tester to JIRA, and then not restarting JIRA.

As per my last comment - just needed JIRA restarting. - resolved

0 vote

Do you happen to have proxy configured? Some similar problem can be seen with Nginx with a particular version as you can see in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Communication+Breakdown+error+on+issue+comment+due+to+Nginx+proxy

Hi, we are on a company intranet, using a system proxy.

Most navigation in JIRA incl Admin is fine, and we are ok updating Admin data, like fields, workflows etc. Problems appear when we try to select an Issue - all records are saying:

"There was an unexpected error while loading the issue.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators." when we select from a filter, or the issues menu.

Selecting from the 'Recent Activities' list usually works, but then when trying to edit, we get :

"Communications Breakdown

Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser", which removes the dialog, but does not resolve the problem.

No errors showing in the atlassian-jira.log either.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

136 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you