JIRA 6.1.3 OSGI console access

Krum Valkov December 16, 2013
Hello,

I want to be able to to connect to the Felix OSGI console so that I am able to see the information about different bundles. Can you please explain to me how can I connect and use the console? Some kind of guide will be helpful too.

Best Regards,
Krum Valkov

2 answers

1 vote
Denis Yaparov January 22, 2014

I guess, it could be helpful for the future, what in my Jira 6.0 instance, running from Atlassian SDK in my plugin's folder, Felix Web Console available by link:

/jira/plugins/servlet/system/console

I think, this servlet are coming from

home\plugins\installed-plugins\org.apache.felix.webconsole-1.2.8.jar

which has resource

org.apache.felix.webconsole-1.2.8.jar\OSGI-INF\metatype\metatype.xml

with servlet description

<OCD id="org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.servlet.OsgiManager" name="%manager.name" description="%manager.description">
        <AD id="manager.root" type="String" default="/system/console" name="%manager.root.name" description="%manager.root.description"/>
        <AD id="default.render" type="String" default="bundles" name="%default.render.name" description="%default.render.description"/>
        <AD id="realm" type="String" default="OSGi Management Console" name="%realm.name" description="%realm.description"/>
        <AD id="username" type="String" default="admin" name="%username.name" description="%username.description"/>
        <AD id="password" type="String" default="admin" name="%password.name" description="%password.description"/>
    </OCD>

Here many operations on bundles are available, for example, install from disk or activate. Login/pass are standard for Jira, started from SDK - admin:admin.

Also, there is "OSGi" item in "Manage Add-ons" section.

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2013

Not familiar with the tool but hope the following can help you to get started:

http://felix.apache.org/site/documentation.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxoqB5vquk

Suggest an answer