JIRA 6.0 GA?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Has anyone heard when JIRA 6.0 will be generally available for download? Currently, only 5.2 is and we don't want to install any of the lab/betas because upgrades and plugins are not supported.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

I was wondering if there was any update since they first said March, then April, it's now mid-May and OnDemand is having another release...but, no movement for official download availability and support. The EAP site just shows that there is a RC1 candidate provided April 29th.

I understand in the 'when it's ready' - but, as a product owner myself, there is still always targets whether month or quarter that you work towards because software must still move forward to be competitive and provide bug fixes.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Hi Karie,

The release of JIRA 6 is expected somewhere around the end of may or june but you can always get the release candidates for testing against your plugins

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

Hey Karie,

Correct. JIRA 6.0 Beta, Release Candidate or Development releases is not supported according to our Support Offerings. We don't exactly know the exact release date for the next releases. You can subscribe to the RSS in the Technical Announcements section in this page.

Regards, Zul.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

Then it would be as what Sultan mentioned below, around end of May or early June. Cross fingers for everything to went smoothly :)

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

I'm not looking for an exact date, but a general month or quarter. It's a big change and we need to also plan for it as well. The previous times (March, April) have now passed.

Suggest an answer