JIRA 6.0.2 fields still not displaying correctly in IE8

My Kro June 23, 2013
Unfortunately IE8 is our corporate browser so we have no choice but to support it. We are finding that the Components and Affects Version/s fields are still not displaying correctly and can't be edited, even with Compatibility Mode turned off. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/RREnR2R Any idea what might be causing this?

3 answers

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi there,

Do you have anything in front of JIRA, such as a proxy or load balancer, that may be interfering in this issue?

In case yes, you may attempt to replicate the issue accessing JIRA directly via localhost.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

My Kro June 25, 2013

Hi Tiago, thanks for replying. On localhost IE8, those two fields do render correctly! We do have a corporate proxy in place and desktops are set to "Automatically detect settings" which eventually resolves to a corporate .pac file that is configured to use DIRECT connections for internal IP ranges. But then I did 2 tests. First, on a desktop I unticked this option, restarted IE8, confirmed that Google was inaccessible (no proxy at all in use) but found these fields were still broken in JIRA. Second, I then ticked 'Use a proxy server', explicitly entered the proxy details, ticked "Bypass the proxy for local addresses" and then added the server (just the computer name sans domain, eg. 'jiraserver') to the Exceptions list. Confirmed that Google works (proxy in use) but the fields were still broken in JIRA. I should add that Chrome and Firefox don't exhibit this problem on the desktop. Do you have any more diagnostics I can try or would you like me to report this in the JIRA bugtracker?

0 votes
cristian zuccala June 25, 2013

hello, you find some solution? or can only work with Firefox?

0 votes
My Kro June 25, 2013

Hi Tiago, thanks for replying. On localhost IE8, those two fields do render correctly! We do have a corporate proxy in place and desktops are set to "Automatically detect settings" which I believe eventually resolves to a corporate .pac file that is configured to use DIRECT for intranet IP ranges. But then I did 2 tests. First, on a desktop I unticked this option, restarted IE8, confirmed that www.google.com was inaccessible (no proxy at all in use) but found these fields were still broken in JIRA. Second, I then ticked 'Use a proxy server', explicitly entered the proxy details, ticked "Bypass the proxy for local addresses" and then added the server (just the computer name sans domain, eg. 'jiraserver') to the Exceptions list. Confirmed that Google works (proxy in use) but the fields were still broken in JIRA. I should add that Chrome and Firefox don't exhibit this problem on the desktop. Do you have any more diagnostics I can try or would you like me to report this in the JIRA bugtracker?

Suggest an answer