JIRA 504 ERROR when add user into project

yunfeng guo January 8, 2014

Hi all,

I found a something wierd after i migrate my JIRA. When i add a user to a project, the error alerts once i input some key in the text area. I look into the browser console, and the error message is like:

Meanwhile, i inspect in via fiddler, it shows 504 error code:

At first, i suspect that it's due to the large length of GET query parameter, which is about less than 3000 bytes. But after i test it using another JIRA instance with the same length query GET request, it is OK.

Then, i switch on the gzip compress option in JIRA, and found it still doesn't work.

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

The 504 error is usually related to proxy issues, judging by your host URL I suspect that you have a proxy in front of JIRA. Do you see the same problem when accessing JIRA directly bypassing the proxy?

Cheers

yunfeng guo January 27, 2014

It still pop up the same error msg. I try to add user in other project which contains less users in the 'ROLE' fields, it works.

Suggest an answer