JIRA 5.2 "Assigned to me" doesn't return any records

CV June 9, 2013

Issue Navigator - Clicking on "Assigned to me" doesn't return any records even though there are matching records for the current user with resolutions as 'Unresolved'

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

Try this search:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved

CV June 9, 2013

I have tried this and it doesn't return any data!

But this returns the correct data:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = "\"Unresolved\""

What is the problem??

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

Go to admin->issue->resolution:

Delete Unresolved if any.

CV June 9, 2013

Hi ck,

But why??

As I try to delete it says:

Delete Resolution: Unresolved

Confirm that you want to delete this resolution, and specify what is to be done with the issues currently attached to it.

There are currently 167 matching issues, that must be changed to another resolution.

New resolution for matching issues

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2013
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2013
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2013

You really do NOT want a Resolution called "unresolved".

The reason is simple - Jira considers the Resolution field to be the "open or closed" flag. If the field contains any data, the issue is "closed". It does not care if the data says "unresolved", "open", "penguin", "closed", "anvil" - the issue is closed because the field is set.

This makes resolutions with names like "unresolved" or "not done yet" or "open" an absolute nightmare for the humans because they see "unresolved" whereas Jira sees the issue as "resolved"

In other words, delete "unresolved" now. It's making your data complete nonsense. (167 issues is a minor change, you don't need script runners or anything complex, just delete it)

CV June 9, 2013

Nic,

I want to delete it but what should I select for 'New resolution for matching'???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2013

Ah, I see. Sorry.

You can't select the "empty" option when doing this. The assumption is that resolved issues would stay resolved and you're only removing the resolution because it needs changing to another.

You'll need to bulk-edit the issues to remove the resolution before deleting it. 167 is only a small set though.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2013

Try this:

Create new resolution say "TEST", delete "unresolved" by mapping it to "TEST".

After that searching "TEST" resolution in filter. re-opened all 167 issues by bulk operations.

Again delete "TEST" resolution.

Hopes it helps you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2013

Er, @ck - you know that all that does is rename the problem from "unresolved" to "TEST"? That's not going to fix any of CV's problems, it's just an extra, unneccessary step.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2013

Also try a debugging test by specifying the user directly. If you were logged in as me for example, then try "assignee = currentUser()" and "assignee = nic", and a third test of "assignee = nic" when logged in as someone else.

The numbers you get out of those might tell you more about the problem.

CV June 9, 2013

how do I run debug test?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2013

Sorry, I was not clear. I only said "debug", because that's what you're doing by running the searches and gathering more information.

Run the three searches I defined, and tell us what the answers are (how many issues each one returns)

Suggest an answer