JIRA 5.2 Compatibility with IDART:Client module

Hello ,

We are currently using JIRA version 4.2 in our organisation and using the IDART::Client perl module to interface and interact with JIRA . As we plan to upgrade to JIRA 5.2 , do you foresee any issue with the IDART::Client perl module interacting with JIRA server 5.2 ?

Note : IDART::Client is an extended interface to iDart's SOAP API.

Regards,

Mohan

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Nic ,

Are SOAP API in JIRA 5.2 documented somewhere for reference?

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes and no.

SOAP is deprecated in favour of REST in later versions of Jira. But it's not been removed yet, so it should continue to work. The API has not changed a lot (if at all), so if a SOAP call works in 4.2, it's probably going to function in the same way in 5.2.

But there's no way to guarantee that in every case. The only real answer we can give you is "you should be ok, but test it for your usage before you upgrade"

Hi Nic ,

Are SOAP API in JIRA 5.2 documented somewhere for reference?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

144 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you