JIRA 5.0.6 - Can we set Rule that any issue cannot be marked as closed until the remaining hours is ZERO

shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

I am using JIRA 5.06 with GH 5.10. We liek teh time tracking report but unless the tasks or issues are marked as Remaning hours ZERO, the progress does not show 100 % no matter what the status of Issues be.. That is when I see all issues as closed or resolved I understand the progress is 100 % but time tracking report would not show 100 % unless the remaining hours are marked as ZERO.

So can I set a rule as admin that no one can close an issue unless the remaining hours are set as zero?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi,

There is a plugin (JIRA Suite utilities) that allow you to hide the Close button if a value is not met. It is done with the Condition in the workflow (Value field condition). You can choose the field and the value wanted in order for the button to be displayed

We have been using it for 3 years and it works really well.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions

Suggest an answer